the nest

the nest

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hiding in the nest...

I knew it had been a while since I blogged, but had no idea how long!  Life has been busy and time flies by.  I've also been in my fall funk and felt like no one else needed to listen to me whine.  This time of year is such a puzzle ~ I love Thanksgiving, Advent and Christmas, but I hate the shortening days, the cold New England rain, and am generally impatient and grumpy.  I am thankful for my life and everyone in it, but my brain chemistry craves sun and warmth and fights against my attempts to stay out in the world and "put on a happy face."
This is when the real introvert in me comes out.  I can think of nothing better than curling up on the couch with the dogs and a movie and a glass of wine or a cup of coffee.  I spend increasing amounts of time alone and when I do want to be social, it's with a small group of people with whom I am completely comfortable.
The challenge is my very extroverted job and public face.  I sing, dance and play!  I'm perpetually cheerful and full of energy!  I'm charged up and ready to help with whatever is needed!

Just thinking about it makes me tired!

Time to breathe, take some Vitamin D, then get ready to head out to a meeting and a rehearsal….

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment