the nest

the nest

Monday, June 11, 2012

When the Universe pushes, what do you do?

Sometimes the Universe gives you a tap and sometimes it gives you a shove. 
I was all focused on the steps my children are taking towards adulthood and was mulling a blog post around Katy getting her Driver's Permit last week and how it's the first of many steps on the way out the door, blah, blah, blah, blah.
At the same time I get the sad news that the lovely store that has hosted my Music Together classes for the last several years will be closing and I will need to find another location.  I'm getting teary writing this...  I'm so very sad for the owner and staff who have worked so hard to provide a small town with a high quality, high "touch" store for children, families and educators.  Selfishly I'm very sad for myself - yes, I need to find a new location, and I will.  What I'm sad about is that the store was more than a location.  There was always someone there to say hello, have a cup of coffee, help with the logistics of running my business, but mostly, to help me welcome my families and give them a place to love and be loved.  The loneliness I disliked about being in business for myself was banished as I had a place to call "home."

Now I have to figure out what's next.

First steps are practical.  Find a place to run the classes that are scheduled and beginning to fill.
Second steps are where the universal "shove" comes into play. 

Not sure whether to leap or tip-toe forward... I'd like to curl up in my nest and think about it another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment